“The only standard you should have is yourself”. Dr Stevie Dawn
About Our Guest:
Dr. Stevie Dawn Carter serves as CEO of Stevie Dawn Inspires, a platform dedicated to helping people discover, reignite, and chase their JOY in all parts of their life. Whether helping employees learn how to find more joy at work or helping individuals create a life filled with joy, Stevie Dawn delivers training with humor, energy, and motivation. She brings a variety of experience in the corporate, non-profit, and governmental sectors. She has owned multiple small businesses and specializes in Emotional Intelligence strategies for the workplace. Her educational background includes a master’s degree in sociology from Wichita State University and a doctorate in leadership from Colorado State University. With over 20 years of teaching and training experience, Dr. Stevie Dawn uses her educational background and knowledge of human behavior to create content that is immediately applicable in people’s lives.
This episode is powered by the Grow Your Business Toolkit
Join us for BreakthroughinBusinessVirtual
Have you looked up in your business and found yourself wondering if there is more to life than what you created? I’ve never met a business owner who quit their good job to create a job for themselves yet, over time the dream gets deferred and resentment takes the place of the joy that started them on their journey. If you are a business owner who started out happy and excited for the incredible future ahead, but now that your business is up and running you have found it easy to lose sight of your original vision and plan, this episode is for you. Time’s up for working a business that doesn’t serve you and your mission. It’s time to take back your vision so that you can count it all joy!
Listen in to discover:
- The joy equation and how to leverage it so that you never lose sight of your true purpose and intention again
- Why reaching for ok” makes it hard to feel joy
- How to give a pink slip to needing other people’s permission to thrive
- The 3 steps you must take to count it all joy
Powerful Quotes During the Episode:
- “I did all the things; I checked all the boxes but I’m not complete.” Dr Stevie Dawn
- “At what point did I start having other people sign my permission slips?” Dr Stevie Dawn
- “I decided that my joy was more important than any box someone wanted to keep me in.” Dr Stevie Dawn
- “Happiness cannot exist outside of myself.” Dr Stevie Dawn
- “Create your joy filter.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “It’s a myth to think we all need enough money to feel secure.” Dr Stevie Dawn
- “If you’re trying to reach for “ok”, it’s hard to feel joy”. Dr Stevie Dawn
- “Enough is lack’s close cousin.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
Dr Stevie Dawn’s Incredible Factor Wisdom Questions:
Last book Dr Stevie Dawn read: Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Favorite Quote: “Be the Shark” Her Momma
Tool Dr Stevie Dawn swears by to grow her business: Cloze CRM
How to Connect with Dr Stevie Dawn:
Incredible One Enterprises, LLC is not responsible for the content and information delivered during the podcast interview by any guest. As always, we suggest that you conduct your own due diligence regarding any proclamations by podcast guests. Incredible One Enterprises, LLC is providing the podcast for informational purposes only.
Want more of Darnyelle?
Learn more about Leverage + Scale Weekend
Grab the Grow Your Business Toolkit
Join the Six Figure Cash Flow Club
Social Media Links:
Subscribe to the Incredible Factor Business Podcast:
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Google Play
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on iHeartRadio
Listen on Pandora
Leave us a review
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!