With just a few weeks left in the year none of us saw coming, it’s important to take a step back, regroup, surrender and hear what God is speaking to you for the New Year. I chose to share this episode this week as a rewind because it’s just what you need to get ready for 2021. I pray you enjoy it again!!!
“If I knew who I would become and what it would take to get here, I probably wouldn’t have started”. Patrice Washington
About Our Guest:
Patrice Washington is an award-winning author, transformational speaker, hope-restoring coach, and media personality.
Patrice got her start as your favorite personal finance expert, “America’s Money Maven”, having tremendous success with her “mindset approach” to personal finance. She has since expanded her brand and mission, encouraging women to chase purpose, not money.
Patrice is committed to redefining the term “wealth”, using its original meaning, “well-being”. She encourages women to have “wealth” in all aspects of their lives by pursuing their purpose, being fulfilled, and earning more without ever chasing money. Through her teachings, Patrice empowers women to look at life through the lens of abundance and opportunity, instead of lack and scarcity.
As the founder of Redefining Wealth and The Earn More Money Movement for Women, Patrice has built a thriving community of high-achieving women committed to creating a powerful life vision–in their careers, home, health, and personal finances.
This episode is powered by the Grow Your Business Toolkit
If you have been standing at a crossroad of unfulfilment in your life or business, you need to stop what you’re doing and listen to this powerful conversation with Patrice Washington. If you have been wondering how to live your life’s purpose, while being obedient to what God has called you to do and finding fulfilment right where you are today, Patrice has a powerful word for your whole life. Forget what you’ve been told, it doesn’t have to be a struggle, create stress or lead to strife, you can chase purpose, not money and experience the abundance and fullness of God in every way, but you’ll have to get into alignment, operate in obedience and surrender. You game? Your Next Level Eveything is waiting when you decide to choose obedience over everything. If you’ve wondered how to be obedient or struggled to let go and let God, Patrice shares gem after gem that will give you a new perspective and an action plan to start your obedience and surrender journey today. Listen in to discover:
- How to get into alignment with your calling so that from a place of flow you can experience all that God has for you
- The three keys to true surrender and how to focus on being obedient in every way
- How to surrender to any thought you have of perfection, entitlement, obligation or fear
- The gift that is “Sloppy Progress” and how to maximize every opportunity to create momentum at the next level
Powerful Quotes During the Episode: (basically the whole episode )
- “When you fully surrender you are inviting yourself to see the magnificence of God.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “It’s available to all of us once we surrender.” Patrice Washington
- “But what I did know to be true was that no matter what I could tell people about budgets or credit reports or investing that if I didn’t help them change their behavior and their mindset, they would just never get the results that they were looking for.” Patrice Washington
- “I was in the hospital for several weeks and that was in another very, the beginning, the Genesis of a very uncertain time, similar to how we’re feeling today. Patrice Washington
- And you talk about knowing in that, in that moment in my spirit, you have to surrender. I surrendered. It was like, well, I can’t do anything for anyone else out there.” Patrice Washington
- “Surrender was not giving up but letting go.” Patrice Washington
- “When I have felt those nagging doubts and the different things that come up, surrender has been like a constant companion for me.” Patrice Washington
- “If I believe that all things do work together for the good of those who love the Lord, then I’m not exempt from that. That’s my promise.” Patrice Washington
- I’m committed to the vision, but I don’t care how I get there.” Patrice Washington
- “This year it’s been, when God says move, I move and I ask questions later.” Patrice Washington
- “I’m just trying to get what I need to secure my mask because God already equipped me with whatever it is he needs for me to do. But if I’m not, if I’m not walking in that equipped place, I can’t be anything for anybody else.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “Sloppy progress. “ Patrice Washington
- “The only thing that is going to create momentum is you doing.” Patrice Washington
- “If I knew who I would become and what it would take to get here, I probably wouldn’t have started. “
- “I just started praying for contentment.” Patrice Washington
- “But what I know about obedience is that blessings are tied to obedience, but I’m also like I already know that dude is about to blow my mind.” Patrice Washington
- “And so we think obedience is about when to be productive. And there’s a big piece of obedience about when to be still.” Patrice Washington
- “Obedience with faith, God is living for that all day and twice on Sunday.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “I tell myself all the time that the how is God’s job but then I find myself trying to tell God the how…”. Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “The place of surrender and the commitment to obedience allows you to breathe.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “What would my life look like if I stopped playing with God?” Patrice Washington
- “Don’t get excited about the outcome, get excited about the process.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
- “When God gives you something you won’t need batteries.” Darnyelle Jervey Harmon
“Patrice’s Incredible Factor Wisdom Questions:
Last book Patrice read: How to Be Rich by Andy Stanley
Favorite Quote: “Forgiveness is giving up the possibility of a better past.”
Tool Patrice swears by to grow her business: Airtable
How to Connect with Patrice Washington:
Redefining Wealth Podcast: RedefiningWealthPodcast.com
Incredible One Enterprises, LLC is not responsible for the content and information delivered during the podcast interview by any guest. As always, we suggest that you conduct your own due diligence regarding any proclamations by podcast guests. Incredible One Enterprises, LLC is providing the podcast for informational purposes only.
Want more of Darnyelle?
Learn more about Leverage + Scale Weekend
Grab the Grow Your Business Toolkit
Apply for a Discovery Session with Darnyelle’s team
Join the Six Figure Cash Flow Club
Social Media Links:
Subscribe to the Incredible Factor Business Podcast:
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Google Play
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on iHeartRadio
Listen on Pandora
Leave us a review
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!