“Let’s move to a place where lack and just enough don’t exist.” Lamar Tyler
About Our Guest:
Lamar Tyler is self-proclaimed “one of the hardest working digital influencers in the game.” He lives his life by the motto Passion Purpose and Profit and it has never steered him wrong.
Using his book “The Gatekeepers Are Gone,” Lamar has leveraged social media to move the website BlackandMarriedWithKids.com from a small personal blog to an international brand with over 600 thousand social media fans and over 42 thousand customers across all 50 states and 43 countries.
Among the recognition received for his work, Lamar, along with wife Ronnie was named one of Ebony Magazine’s Power 100, a list of the top 100 movers and shakers in the black community that included President and First Lady Barack and Michelle Obama, Will and Jada Smith and Beyonce and Jay Z. They’ve also been selected as finalists for Black Enterprise’s Family Business of the Year and Infusionsoft’s Small Business ICON award.
Lamar currently runs an entrepreneurship brand called Traffic Sales & Profit that provides small businesses with solutions to drive more website traffic, convert more online sales, and increase their business profit.
One of the many things I love about Lamar is that we share the same belief: you don’t have to choose – you can do good work, make a good living, build wealth for your family and enjoy your life all because of your business. In this uber inspiring interview we talk about many things, all of which will help you shift the trajectory of your life (and therefore business) if you grab a hold of them and don’t let go. Lamar shares how he and his wife decided to build their business by “going hard” while working full-time jobs. They were relentless for a short time and today they are running a very successful, profitable passion business that allows them to do work that feeds their souls and impacts the lives of so many other people. Listen in to discover:
- Why who you spend your time with really does matter
- Why most people aren’t willing to do what it takes to build a business
- The number one change you must make to shift the trajectory of your life and business
- What it will really take to close the generational wealth gap
- How where you start your career can position you to build a business if you pay attention
- What to do when you feel like you’re being unappreciated in your job
Powerful Quotes from the show:
- “Be aware of people who don’t think big and globally.” Darnyelle
- “If we are going to do this, we are going to act as if you have a business from the very beginning.” Lamar
- “Find a void and fill it in the market, well.” Darnyelle
- “Most people go into business with a hustle mentality; they aren’t serious about building a business, they want to build a hustle and that doesn’t serve them.” Lamar
- “You can’t be a lazy employee and think you’re going to be a star entrepreneur.” Lamar
- “I’m tired of giving them my million-dollar ideas, we are going to build a million-dollar business.” Lamar
Lamar’s Incredible Factor Wisdom Questions:
Last book Lamar Read: Tax Free Wealth Tom Wheelwright
Favorite Quote: Jim Rohm: “It’s not what you’re worth, it’s what you negotiate.”
Tool Lamar swears by to grow his business: Facebook
How to Connect with Lamar Tyler:
January 2020 Game Plan: www.tspgameplan.com
Connect with Darnyelle Online:
Subscribe to the Incredible Factor Business Podcast:
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Google Play
Listen on Stitcher
Leave us a review
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in an read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!